Eaton’s Hydraulic Group Headquarters has an opening for an Executive Assistant. This position is located in Eden Prairie, MN.
The primary duty of the Executive Assistant is to provide administrative support to the Hydraulics Americas President and his/her direct reports as a secondary focus. Superior administrative support helps our leaders focus on critical tasks and ensures that office operations run smoothly. The Executive Assistant is a member of and plays an important and special role on our Senior Leadership Team (SLT).
- Manage the President and team’s calendar proactively using Outlook to achieve maximum productivity each day
- Maintain a global division level calendar for Hydraulics Americas that includes all key meetings and events and ensure that the SLT is aware of these events and that there are no conflicts.
- Coordinate with the lead Executive Assistant of the Eaton Hydraulics Group to make sure that the regional and group calendars are synced up with no conflicts for the President or SLT.
- Arrange and support key internal meetings including scheduling and logistics, consolidating presentation materials, managing web and video conferencing, and occasionally note taking
- Lead planning and execution for key meetings and events involving external groups like customers, suppliers, Eaton corporate visitors, etc. This includes scheduling, travel arrangements, and similar meeting logistics as mentioned above
- Support the President with various forms of communication including politely screening incoming phone calls and occasionally supporting email management in Outlook
- Edit reports, letters, and other documents from time to time that the President has written to ensure the communication is clear and that there are no mistakes
- Coordinate all aspects of President's travel, both domestic and international, using Eaton’s on-line travel reservation system.
- Prepare expenses using Concur, Eaton’s expense reporting system, and manage corresponding payments to the American Express corporate card
- Ensure strict confidentiality at all times for any sensitive information included in the above activities
- Senior Leadership Team (SLT) - Direct Report Administrative Support
- Manage SLT Share Point site that contains all key documents including Strategic Plans, Profit Plans, Operating Reviews, etc..
- Support key meeting logistics as needed, especially with outside parties like customers, suppliers, Eaton personnel, etc.
- Support SLT on arranging travel and managing expenses, especially for international trips
- Support HR Vice President as needed with certain logistics around recruiting, employee meetings and events, etc.
Other General Office Responsibilities:
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Welcome guests and visitors to Hydraulics with a level of hospitality that enhances our brand image
- Maintain a general phone directory for key personnel with work and personal contact details
- Associate’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 2 years of work experience supporting a senior level manager and leadership team
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates currently residing within a 50 mile radius of Eden Prairie, MN will be considered.
- Ability to write clearly and in a professional manner and proof read documents for content and clarity
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment and able to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Demonstrates integrity and shows ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Professional image with the ability to interact comfortably with senior executives, vendors, clients, and other visitors
- Detailed orientated and takes pride in avoiding mistakes
- Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred
- 5 years of work experience supporting a senior level manager and leadership team preferred
- Minimum 2 years of work experience and proficiency in MS office tools (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook), MS SharePoint, Concur
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.