Eaton’s Electrical Automation Solutions Division is hiring a Manager, Software Quality Assurance Engineering. The Manager Software Quality Assurance will be based from our Plymouth, MN Location.
Eaton Corporation has an immediate opening for a Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Engineering Manager in Plymouth MN reporting to the Engineering and Technology Director.
Energy Automation Solutions (EAS), a business unit of Eaton, provides comprehensive automation technologies and expertise to assist electric utility customers improve system productivity, reliability, and energy efficiency. To this end, a single team of experts is focusing on hardware, software, controls, security, and communications. As a result of this longstanding expertise, EAS' solutions are now implemented in the largest utilities in North America. EAS is a leading company in the fields of smart grid communications, demand response, distribution automation, substation automation, and engineering analysis for the power industry. At Eaton, we work in a young, dynamic and stimulating environment with many opportunities for a broad and diverse career path. Eaton invests in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities.
The primary function of the SQA Engineering Manager is to establish a software quality assurance system and team that promotes customer satisfaction and positively affects the financial performance for the Energy Automation Solutions Business (EASB). Responsibilities include ensuring the quality, stability and robustness for the EASB solutions portfolio.
The successful candidate will have deep technical knowledge of software development and testing and must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. The position requires a hands-on Software QA manager with proven leadership, management, and team-building skills while developing and fostering partnerships with cross-functional teams.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Manage a geographically diverse skilled test team
- Responsible for one or more product components in an Agile environment
- Own and drive test processes and partner with other disciplines to deliver high quality products to existing and new customers
- Together with development partners build and maintain comprehensive QA Test environments
- Create and maintain QA schedules and assign resources to project teams
- Mentor team members, evaluate their performance and develop and monitor their career plan
- Serve as a technical and methodological subject matter expert in all areas regarding quality analysis, testable design and deployment
- Define, generate and refine quality related metrics
- Work with external vendors to augment staffing needs
- Manage external test services by identifying vendors, coordinating test procedures and schedules, facilitate test processes and issue management and ensure high quality output of external deliverables
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years of people management
- Minimum of 5 years of experience delivering high-quality software products and services for external end users
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in QA
- Experience in system software testing (network management to embedded functionality)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship.
- Relocation is not offered for this role. Candidates must currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Plymouth, MN facility.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Master’s degree
- Experience setting up, configuring, and managing a large lab of hardware devices for use in system testing
- 5 or more years of people management with a proven record of accomplishment of building and growing strong teams with more than five members
- 10 or more years of experience shipping high-quality software products and services
- 8 or more years’ experience in QA
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end system integration testing
- Experience in all types of Software testing (Black box, White Box, System)
- Experience in implementing automated test tools and strategies
- Demonstrated ability developing automated test platforms; working with development teams to advocate for automated testable software architecture
- Experience in performance/stress testing
- Experience developing and/or testing in an Agile software environment
- Experience deploying multiple OS, browser, and database versions using VMs
- Known quality assurance/engineering certifications
- Knowledge of electric utility industry
- Excellent in verbal and Written communication
- Working knowledge of French
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.