Eaton’s B-Line Division is hiring a Seismic Engineering Supervisor. The Seismic Engineering Supervisor would be based from our Fontana, CA facility.
Eaton’s B-Line Business is a leading manufacturer of quality power distribution support systems, seismic bracing and restraint systems and enclosures for the electrical, mechanical, fire protection, and telecommunications industries. Our products, manufactured in modern facilities throughout the United States, Middle East, and Asia, are used in a variety of applications for the commercial, industrial, utility, and OEM markets. In addition, Eaton’s B-Line Business operates regional sales offices and distribution centers throughout the United States, Canada, Asia/Pacific, and Europe.
This position is primarily responsible for planning and executing seismic engineering projects according to deadlines needed to support our customers with accurate results and within financial guidelines. Additional responsibilities include managing the Seismic Engineering team for day-to-day project support, NPD and VA/VE project involvement, and sustaining engineering efforts. The candidate must have a demonstrated ability to lead projects from start to finish and to engage the team to ensure goals are achieved. The candidate will lead projects and oversee the seismic project quotation process quality control throughout the life cycle of the projects, assist in setting goals, monitor progress and drive improvements. The candidate will define and help acquire resources and coordinate the efforts of team members plus third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. This position will support the expansion of B-Line’s global seismic business. This is a role that will provide the opportunity to work cross-functionally with other business areas including Marketing, Sales, Customer Service and Operations. Participation in technical sales presentations to customers and being the company representative on industry standards and codes technical committees are among the other duties of this position. The job duties will require the candidate to have ambition, drive, and strong engineering skills, with enthusiasm in the product and systems design area. An entrepreneurial sense of urgency along with a passion for the industry and drive to grow both personally and professionally is desired.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Lead the Seismic Engineering department with seismic/fire protection engineers, New Product Development (NPD) engineers, and CAD designers/technicians as direct reports.
- Lead and participate in engineering projects and proposals for customers from receipt of purchase order through timely completion of project documentation
- Perform engineering calculations and design application evaluations per industry codes and standards
- Review designs, ensure compliance to standards and coordinate PE stamps as appropriate for seismic/fire protection engineering projects.
- Create and maintain project tracking tools, help set metrics and goals, ensure timely completion
- Implement lean principles to improve processes and eliminate waste
- Involved in NPD teams throughout the Pro Launch and MGPP processes
- Participate in, gather, and analyze VOC input and feedback to ensure services and products are meeting customer expectations
- Support the Sales and Marketing teams with technical presentations to internal & external customers
- Represent Eaton’s B-Line Business on industry standards and code technical committees
- Develop team members, foster a learning culture, establish an environment for open sharing and improvement
- Participates in service ticket follow-up activities with appropriate internal and external resources as necessary to ensure tickets are completed and customer issues are resolved. Maintains a channel of communication with customers as to repair status and anticipated return of product.
- Participates in maintaining department and ISO quality standards for Warranty activities. Dedicated to the concept of continuous improvement.
- Improve department effectiveness through process improvement, utilizing lean tools to streamline processes to improve speed, accuracy, and customer experience
- Limited travel to domestic and international locations as required to organize, participate, and oversee field repairs or related service activities. Provides technical support afterhours as required.
- Bachelors’ degree in Civil/Structural Engineering from an accredited institution. OR Bachelors’ degree in Mechanical Engineering with structural focus OR with specific coursework/classes taken focused in civil or structural engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 2 years engineering experience
- Candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Relocation is not offered for this role. Candidates must currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Fontana, CA facility.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Licensed Professional Engineer and/or Structural Engineer for structural/seismic analysis
- 2 years of seismic activity/structural work experience
- Experience with concrete anchorage design and product selection for various applications
- Experienced in preparation of testing criteria and layout of test plans
- Experience with California OSHPD/OPM processes
- CAD design (SolidWorks software)
- Structural engineering design (RISA software) for stress analysis and compliance requirements
- Knowledge of:
- Seismic and civil/structural engineering
- Pipe, mechanical, thermal, seismic, and general stress analysis
- Pipes, pumps, turbines, valves, fittings, and their supports
- Various types of mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection equipment
- Experience in a manufacturing/production environment with understanding of materials and
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.