Eaton’s Electrical Division is seeking a Senior Manufacturing Engineer for the Waukesha, WI facility.
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for supporting plant leadership in achieving business and financial goals by developing and maintaining robust manufacturing processes and leading continuous improvement / cost out initiatives across the organization. Additional responsibilities include executing the organization’s strategic plan consistent with federal, state, and local regulations, established industry standards, and customer requirements.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Creates, trains and guides the optimal design and layout of cells and manufacturing flow lines considering safety/guarding, productivity, ergonomics, first time yield, process and test capabilities, machine uptime and machine efficiency, cost of non-conformance, inventory and waste.
- Creates and maintains standardize work elements (Balance charts, layouts, etc) to ensure all safety requirements are met and processes are operating with their defined specifications. L
- Leads the research and development of new processes to meet or exceed the requirements of current/new products.
- Identifies potential safety hazards and provides input into the remediation process, ensuring equipment functionality meets required specifications.
- Enforces safety expectations, documents and communicates hazards and unsafe conditions, conducts training to team members on safety regulations and methods.
- Leads cost-out initiatives and promotes culture of continuous improvement.
- Leads teams that leverage the use of Lean and/or Six Sigma tools to solve problems within manufacturing. Drives initiatives to closure and monitors/drives associated metrics.
- Participates in Continuous Improvement Kaizens/BPIs as appropriate to the facility.
- Evaluates a value stream and establishes clear visuals indicating process health and capture sources of variation that drive accountability in CI actions/process improvements.
- Applies critical thinking and problem solving skills to provide specified cost, quality, and performance in a safe and efficient manner.
- Participates in concurrent engineering efforts and critical design reviews to minimize product costs and maximize useful life of products.
- Supports new product development projects to ensure design for manufacturability. Leads and participates on PROLaunch projects (NPD, STP, BPI, and/or AIF).
- Drives completion of PROLaunch activity matrix deliverables as appropriate to the manufacturing role. Monitors and drives metrics associated with PROLaunch stages and gates.
- Leads projects for extended value streams, develops project goals, budgets, and work breakdown structures.
- Proactively aligns cross functional resources such as production, quality, EHS, Maintenance, Engineering, and contractors/vendors to ensure that project goals are met.
- Develops and executes communication plans among project/program working groups, associated leadership teams, and other stakeholders.
- Utilizes change management techniques such as ADKAR to effectively drive and sustain process improvements.
- Guides and instructs the capital equipment selection process. Develops and evaluates Capital Appropriation Requests (CAR's) for new product or process programs and initiatives.
- Leverages advanced technology and innovation to improve the use and effectiveness of information systems.
- Seeks opportunities to eliminate waste associated with the flow of factory floor information.
- Active role in assessment processes within manufacturing environment. May act as a category lead or champion during an assessment process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years of manufacturing engineering experience is required.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship.
- Detailed knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques – i.e. value stream mapping, one piece flow, 5S, etc.
- Prior experience working with Paint Line or Powder Coat processes.
- Thorough understanding of problem solving methodologies used in determining root cause and formulating corrective action(s) - i.e. thought maps, 8D, root cause analysis, Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis, control charts, Pareto charts, etc.
- Proficiency in various software applications – i.e. SAP, Computer Aided Design, Computer Aided Manufacturing, MS Office suite, MiniTab, etc.
- Knowledge of industry and customer specific quality processes (i.e., ISO9001, etc).
- Knowledge of PLCs and safety system design
- Understanding of ProLaunch.
- Thorough understanding of production environments (low-volume/high mix and high volume/low mix) including safety/guarding requirements.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.