The primary function of the role is to: Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
• Provide complete technical, application & design support for Eaton’s electrical product portfolio to all internal and external customers.
• Provide primary technical design support for large tender response bids including creation of tender responses through bid management software.
• Technical Review of customer electrical schematic documents and recommendation of appropriate Eaton solutions to match, providing compliance statements where required.
• Take joint responsibility for group email inbox support including lead allocation, customer support & customer contact management.
• The primary products include: 3phase UPS systems, Factory Built Assemblies (FBA) of Low Voltage Switchgear & Electrical Distribution Equipment.
The essential functions of the role include:
CUSTOMER, CHANNEL, AND SALES SUPPORT
• Possess strong understanding of all technical aspects of electrical products and related applications.
• Possess strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills and be able to understand and resolve complex customer application issues.
• Provide efficient and accurate pre-sale application and technical support by analyzing and recommending solutions to meet customers’ needs
• Interpret customer specifications, drawings and schematics to provide quotes, solutions, and accurate information for quotes and orders.
• Be available and manage daily phone, and email activity to provide directions, solutions and recommendations to internal and external customers.
• Generate and communicate sales leads to field sales organization and product line.
• Effectively communicate sales and product value proposition and strategies.
PRODUCT LINE SUPPORT
• Preview and provide feedback on product information or tools developed by sales or product lines.
• Make recommendations for product enhancements and offerings.
• Highlight potential quality issues and drive resolution.
• Proactively communicate customer needs to the product lines.
• Provide feedback to product marketing and engineering regarding catalog information, cross reference data, renewalparts information, technical drawings, and any other technical documentation found in hard copy, electronic format or on the website.
• Maintain and expand product knowledge base available to all internal and external customers.
• Represent the Product Lines as required within the Field Sales community.
• Support daily technical inquiries from the customers, field sales and marketing.
• Develop a knowledge base of product information to improve customer and sales support.
• Enhance individual and team performance through APEX goals and projects centered on driving productivity improvements, increase value, customer loyalty, and a high performance culture.
• Periodically travel to company events to train on products and processes.
• Willingness and expectation of taking on additional/new product lines as appropriate.
• After-hours support not normally expected but may be required on occasion.
• Daily activity performed with little or no supervision
• System Quotes Inbox Control, EPID / CRM project creation, Bid Manager quotation system
• Customer Focus
• Drive for results
• Communication, Interpersonal, and Teamwork Skills
• Time Management
• Problem Solving
• Adaptability and ability to drive change
Feeder Position to:
• Other Customer and Sales Support roles
• Other Technical Support and Inside Sales roles
• Outside Sales
• Marketing, Product Line, or Functional roles
Training will take place in both Slough and Reddings Lane (Birmingham) Locations
|• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, electrical or other engineering|
• Proven, relevant customer service, sales, or technical experience
• Proven, relevant industry experience
• Proven, relevant experience of product or project engineering
• Experience and demonstrated expertise with (specific product Information)
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions that provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has more than 100,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.