Position Type:Full Time
Travel Required:Yes, 10 % of the Time
Location:Eden Prairie, MN US
Relocation Provided:Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Eaton’s Hydraulics Group has an immediate opening for a Business Development & Strategy Manager in Eden Prairie, MN.
The position is responsible for the evaluation of business development opportunities, coordination of competitive assessments and development of executive presentations for the Hydraulics, Industrial Sector. Key responsibilities include strategic planning activities, competitive analysis oversight, Board of Director presentation creation, acquisition pipeline development, market analysis, alliance project management, preparation of monthly and quarterly senior management presentations, and other special projects.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Prepares high impact business cases including strategic, financial and market analysis for Industrial Sector strategic plans, acquisitions, divestitures, and alliance activity. Includes analysis of market drivers, competitors and value propositions to develop forward-looking insights to efficiently drive management decisions and improve financial results.
- Requires superior analytical and thinking skills, intellectual rigor and curiosity and problem-solving capability. Attention to detail a must along with a desire to make an impact.
- Ability to perform in-depth market, competitive, and financial analysis and understanding of legal and governmental compliance issues. Position will also analyze financial reports, press releases and other competitive intelligence documents to build a strong internal capability for competitive assessment and market intelligence.
- Function as liaison with divisional operations and support personnel. Develop and nurture collaborative relationships with executives and other managers responsible for business development. Consistently demonstrate managerial courage in defending a position and handling conflict.
- Ability to fully understand business dynamics and take initiative to develop thorough understanding. Desire to be responsible party for information collection and turning that information into and understandable business case to present to Industrial Sector Sr. Executive team.
- Leading or participation in Industrial Sector and Hydraulics projects as needed.
- Excellent people skills and ability to present recommendations to senior executives. Ability to prioritize and focus on projects that offer highest benefit to the enterprise, and stop activities that are not value-added. Willingness to seek help if time lines will not be achieved, or if project scope or topic is beyond current skill level.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in business/finance or accounting from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in business development, product management, marketing, finance, or strategic planning
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution
- Strategic consulting experience
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.