Eaton has an opening for an Accounting Supervisor. The Accounting Supervisor will be located in our Shawnee, OK facility.
The Accounting Supervisor serves as a business partner to the Plant Controller and Leadership team. This role must provide timely and accurate financial information and direction to enable sound decisions and drive management actions.
- Provide support to both division and plant projects.
- Ensure integrity of information in the areas of general accounting, cost accounting, inventory control, capital project tracking, fixed assets, and forecasting.
- Prepare monthly closing and rolling forecast commentary.
- Prepare Balance sheet reconciliations and reviews.
- Ensure cost out reporting accuracy and idea generation.
- Ensure SOX compliance.
- Perform required personnel functions including periodic performance reviews, recommending salary increases and changes in classifications.
- Oversees training and development of subordinates, reviewing established goals and objectives to ensure successful completion.
- Assist in preparation of annual profit plan and strategic plan.
- Oversee planning and coordination of Physical Inventory, including reconciliation and reporting of results to local management. In addition, minimizing shrink through strong internal controls and improvement recommendations.
- Measure cycle count accuracy and make recommendations for improvements using a systematic approach.
- Maintain and update documentation of systems, processes, and procedures of the finance department (Playbook).
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned. Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Economics from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in accounting/finance.
- Previous experience within the manufacturing industry,
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US on an on-going basis without sponsorship.
- Provide business partnership to all areas of plant with regard to functional expertise and cross-functional support.
- Provide leadership for plant Balance Sheet review process.
- Coordinate and implement improvements to monthly closing procedures ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Administer and manage daily finance operations as applicable to plant. Scope may include cost accounting, payables, payroll, billing, capital, and general accounting.
- Leads department activities related to process improvements and standard work. Establishes a learning culture and an atmosphere of continuous improvement.
- Recruit, train, and develop finance personnel to provide for individual career development and growth opportunities.
- Assist in development of monthly forecast, annual profit plan, and strategic plan.
- Assist preparation of capital appropriation requests to ensure they are in accordance with corporate policy.
- Manage the process to identify and quantify cost out opportunities and related data capture in database.
- Ensure integrity of financial information related to cost out projects.
- CPA/CMA/MBA or progress towards the completion of these is preferred.
- Cost accounting experience preferred
- Strong career progression strongly preferred
- Previously management experience a plus
- Solid foundational knowledge of forecasting, analyzing, and reporting financial data.
- Experience in preparing monthly journal entries.
- Strong MS Office Skills.
- Effective communication ability and team player mentality.
- Effectively drives and manages change, challenges the status quo and champions new and innovative ideas.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.