Eaton’s Cooper B-Line Division business is seeking an Enclosures Sales Manager for the Western Region. This position will be home office based within the assigned territory.
This position is responsible for increasing customer preference for Electrical Enclosures in the Western region. The objectives are achieved through sales calls, specifications, training, and follow-up in both the commercial and industrial segments of our business within a given territory. The incumbent will also be responsible for training our local agent sales teams and customers as it pertains to these products.
The incumbent will be expected to assist the product manager with customer feedback on new product development projects. In addition, they will be expected to formulate customer needs and concerns into workable product specifications to be implemented by the appropriate product manager.
- Develops and maintains relationship with top management of key regional OEM & Panel Shop accounts located within the territory.
- Ensures pull through in the sales channel by working with the sales management team and partnering with key distribution personnel.
- Recommends appropriate product usage to customers. Selects suitable products from existing inventory and proposes/develops new products to meet customer demand.
- Responsible for initiating and implementing individual training for reps, distributors and factory direct sales staff.
- Responsible for coordinating activity as it pertains to Electrical Enclosures across B-Line sales team, B-Line agent network, and extended Eaton MOEM and sales teams. Utilizes all resources available to drive enclosure sales.
- Understands and demonstrates the features and benefits of the full line of enclosure products including training others on product usage and applications.
- Ensures appropriate technical assistance regarding product applications to engineering consultants, OEM, end users, inspection and standards personnel, contractors, etc.
- Takes the lead on identifying customer requirements for modified and custom enclosure solutions.
Market and Product Information:
- Informs the Division of business and product trends and competitive conditions within the region.
- Recommends new or modified programs to ensure a competitive position is maintained within the sales territory.
- Recommends new or expanded products or markets, and works to develop and maintain brand awareness in the field.
- Trains Sales Force on how to specify, sell, and properly apply the products. Trains customers on how to specify the products.
- Develops and presents technical seminars for customers, sales personnel, distributors, specifying engineers, and trade shows keeping the customer aware of the manufacturing capabilities including: design, fabrication and assembly abilities.
- Develops, maintains, and updates documentation and sales tools for use in product presentations and technical training seminars.
- Accountable for providing technical support and information to customers on a pre-sales and post-sales basis for product application, specification, interpretation and quotation support.
- Identifies current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in electrical sales
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of 50 miles will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to learn, grow, deal with ambiguity and change, with a strong bias towards action
- Ability to work independently from home office
- Ability to travel up to 50% with flexibility on time requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA) from an accredited institution
- Experience with Electrical Enclosures
- Excellent presentation and communication skills with ability to think on your feet to field technical questions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.