Under the direct supervision of the Regional Sales Manager, this position is responsible for, implementing and managing the customer strategy associated with the Advanced Valvetrain product line in China. The Sales Manager effectively takes ownership of the customer strategy, is responsible for overall commercial management of the assigned products, and delivers committed performance in revenue, profitability, product technology roadmaps and superior customer satisfaction. The Sales Manager professionally represents Eaton Advanced VT and all its products sold to the customer, Original Equipment Manufacturers, and industry groups.
· Overall responsibility for meeting the schedule, scope, cost and technical targets for VT products in the platforms and/or program;
· Develops (through consensus of cross-functional team and senior management) and deploys a comprehensive regional customer strategy which achieves strategic alignment with the Advanced VT product line and the customer's key initiatives.
· Functions as key point of contact for all strategic customer issues within China and supports Advanced VT’s advanced sales team assigned to the region. While the primary commercial focus is the China market, the sales manager should have a regional perspective and when appropriate, align strategies with regional peers associated with the specific customers and product line.
· Articulates clear understanding of current/future goals for product line growth, competitive positioning, and financial performance which achieve expectations.
· Relentlessly monitors China market dynamics including customer and competitor developments, and recommends strategies to address opportunities and mitigate associated risks to Sales and Product Line Senior Management.
· Utilizes the Eaton Business System´s process and tools to develop (in consensus with Product Strategy Managers) and deploy comprehensive value-based commercial strategies which align to market expectations and the competitive landscape. The commercial strategies, which will include an disciplined analytical approach, must support the product line’s long-term financial targets, and be consistent for a global customer base.
· Takes ownership of total customer satisfaction. Establishes and executes a formal Customer Relationship Review (CRR) process to identify and address pain points and provide Voice of the Customer (VOC) feedback into the strategic planning process, as appropriate. In compliment the Sales Manager should champion Eaton’s rating on customer performance metrics (accuracy, corrective action plans).
· Participates in all commercial aspects including new program offer development and negotiation, warranty claims, commercial impacts from program scope changes.
· Communicates (in consensus with the Product Strategy Manager and the cross-functional team) a sales technology roadmap which effectively translates customer needs into product solutions.
· Interfaces with customers regularly to build strong rapport with key customer influencers and decision-makers across the organization.
· Develops customer sales forecasts through bottoms-up analysis and use of market intelligence for the annual business plan and the five year strategic outlook.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
· Minimum of five years combined sales and/or business experience
· Customer-facing experience
· English language skills
· Excellent negotiating, interpersonal, communication, and strategic planning skills
· Practical understanding of value-based solution selling
· Demonstrated ability to achieve results in a matrix organization
· Business acumen, ability to plan and execute business plans
· Strong negotiation skills and solid technical background
· Strong sales track record and experience of international complex negotiations
· Ability to influence others outside of a direct reporting relationship
· Bachelor degree in Engineering or Business Administration
· Automotive engine/combustion technical knowledge
· Eight years of automotive industry experience (OEM or Tier One Supplier interactions)
· Five years sales experience
· Fluent in financial and accounting disciplines (i.e., P&L, cost accounting, Internal Rate of Return, Net Present Value)
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.