Eaton has an immediate opening for an HR Manager in our Kearney, NE site.
We believe our HR Managers deserve a challenging and rewarding experience where you can make a difference. You deserve an environment where you can develop the skills to be a leader in Human Resources. You deserve a company that has demonstrated a high degree of ethical standards and where “doing business right” really means something. You deserve an environment where your ideas matter. YOU DESERVE A HUMAN RESOURCES CAREER AT EATON!
At Eaton, we envision more than just manufacturing products that serve our many end markets. We see possibilities for reducing energy, increasing efficiency and promoting sustainability. We desire to power the essential resources needed for our world to thrive. This is how we see things differently and we challenge you to do the same by exploring a HR career with Eaton.
The primary responsibility of this position is to develop, implement and coordinate the application of established human resource policies and systems, and ensures compliance with all elements of the Eaton Values & Philosophy. This position has direct responsibility for the Kearney.
• People - Champions and actively participates in the facilitation of the following initiatives for the facility: Eaton Values and Philosophy, Ethics, Diversity, APEX, OCA, and EPWP.
• Health and Safety - Acts as a champion and actively participates in the following environmental health and safety initiatives: MESH, ISO14001, VPP and other safety / environmental programs established for the facility for a safe work environment. Ensures that all direct reports are trained in the applicable environmental, health and safety practices.
• Quality – Champions and actively participates in the following quality initiatives / programs: Eaton Quality System (EQS), TS16949, and etc.
• Plant Performance - Collaborates in the development and execution of facility profit plan objectives and balanced scorecards. Champions and actively participates in the Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF) and Eaton Business System (EBS).
Strategically deliver HR services, programs and initiatives aligned with the North America Automotive strategy and Eaton Values & Philosophy.
• Lead talent acquisition and development activities and drive talent review process to build organizational capability, supporting a high performance culture.
• Collaborate with finance and operations to establish effective manning strategies, linked to financial results for the facility.
• Utilize coaching, consulting and facilitation skills to influence behavior and business decisions consistent with Eaton Values & Philosophy
• Develop and execute a competitive compensation strategy to recognize and reward employee performance.
• Ensure that performance management practices (APEX) are fully integrated and well deployed to raise performance within the facility
• Champion employee survey improvement activities through analysis of survey data and identification of key improvement opportunities, providing direct support to survey improvement teams as appropriate.
• Facilitate administration of Worker’s Compensation, STD/LTD, and related programs.
• Champion and lead diversity and inclusion efforts, resulting in tangible benefits for the facility.
• Provide effective leadership and development of the HR team members.
• Ensure facility compliance with governmental regulations, such as: Affirmative Action Plan (AAP), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), etc.
• Evaluates, develops, and analyzes available data to proactively identify opportunities to continuously improve department and organization performance.
• Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned. Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
• Minimum 5 years of Human Resources experience
• Candidate must be able to legally work without company sponsorship
• Preferred candidate will have a Master’s Degree or additional certification
• Preferred candidate will have at least three years of progressive HR experience in a Manufacturing environment
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.