Electrical Automation Solutions, Electrical Sector- Americas has an opening for a Financial Analyst position located in Plymouth, MN.
Energy Automation Solutions (EAS), a business unit of Eaton, provides comprehensive automation technologies and expertise to assist electric utility customers improve system productivity, reliability, and energy efficiency. To this end, a single team of experts is focusing on hardware, software, controls, security, and communications. As a result of this longstanding expertise, EAS' solutions are now implemented in the largest utilities in North America. EAS is a leading company in the fields of smart grid communications, demand response, distribution automation, substation automation, and engineering analysis for the power industry. At Eaton, we work in a young, dynamic and stimulating environment with many opportunities for a broad and diverse career path. Eaton invests in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
The Financial Analyst is responsible for preparing and reporting monthly performance reports, quarterly financial forecasts, and annual operating budgets. In addition, the Financial Analyst will be responsible for managing inventory across the entire supply chain consisting of several contract manufacturers. This position is key in ensuring compliance to financial policies and providing leadership to improve business processes and performance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Consolidate financials for the business unit (EAS)
- Perform analytics and complete cost bridges / walks
- Monitor, forecast and budget cost center expenses
- Prepare month-end general ledger close journal entries and supporting reconciliations
- Performs actual versus plan variance analysis
- Update KPI scorecards for performance measurement and analysis
- Research and interpret unusual expenses and other data
- Support EAS management team with ad-hoc financial analysis and reporting
- Provide analysis of material cost productivity/cost structure
- Provide analysis of operating margin variances
- Assist in the preparation and justification of Capital Asset Requests (CAR’s).
- Support other special projects and duties as assigned by Division Controller
- Oversee the good receipt process to ensure accurate and timely receiving
- Reconcile inventory balances with all contract manufacturing locations on a monthly basis
- Maintain inventory control procedures
- Conduct and coordinate physical inventory counts for all locations
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint expertise
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Ability to travel 10% annually
- Minimum 1 year of related finance or accounting work experience
- SAP and Hyperion experience
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbal and written, with both senior leadership and non-financial professionals
- Proven commitment to meeting deadlines and attention to detail
- Microsoft VBA programming experience a plus
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.