Eaton's Corporate Division has an opening for a:
EMEA Senior Internal Auditor
Location: Dublin, Ireland
The Dublin office employs around 40 people. The functions are Finance, Treasury, Corporate Secretary and Supply Chain.
The EMEA Senior Internal Auditor assists in preparing, planning and performing internal audits and special projects to evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of internal controls, business processes, and procedures at Eaton operations across EMEA.
The position is to work within the EMEA Internal Audit Team and reports to the Internal Audit Supervisor.
- Conducts audits in assigned areas, under the supervision of the audit leader, in accordance with audit programs to evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls, business processes, and procedures at Eaton operations.
- Prepares written audit findings and recommendations for discussion with local management.
- Prepares recommendations to address audit issues.
- Participates in opening and closing meetings with local and senior management.
- Produces clear, concise, neat, accurate work papers in a timely manner.
- Follows-up and reviews implemented management action plans and audit findings remediated with limited direct supervision of the Audit Manager/ Supervisor.
- Presents audit outcomes in a clear and concise manner to Senior Leaders.
- Gathers information as part of the Annual Risk Assessment process, identifying risks and weaknesses and to the preparation of the Annual Audit Plan.
- Counsels as an expert for accounting, compliance and Internal Controls matters.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or equivalent.
- 3-5 years overall experience in the finance / accounting / audit field with a minimum of 3 years of internal or external audit, ideally in a manufacturing environment.
- Availability and willingness to travel up to 50% within the Europe, Middle East and Africa.
- Good knowledge in IFRS and U.S. GAAP and proficient in Internal Audit key concepts (risk-based audits, financial audit).
- Fluent in English (both spoken and written) big plus if speaking an additional European language, such as German, Polish, Czech or French.
- Proven experience in documenting and testing controls, as well as in identifying risks and weaknesses and developing audit procedures to assess the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls to mitigate the risks.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to make sound recommendations and to articulate benefits/results to business unit goals.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to clearly and succinctly report key issues, business impact, and recommendations for improvement to management.
- Ability and desire to work in a dynamic, multicultural, multilingual and international environment, with colleagues located in other parts of the world.
What Eaton offers:
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.